This week marks our second-to-last CSA harvest of the 2019 season. Next week, November 21, will be our final pick-up! Which means that it’s definitely time to begin thinking about next year’s season … our fifteenth season growing food for our community!
This has been a wonderful year, and when we were planning for next we decided to very much continue in the same vein in terms of season length, scale, and certainly our tried-and-true customer-friendly pick-up style.
Here are the basic details (and I’ve also updated the website with this information as well):
- 33 weeks, running April 2 through November 12
- CSA pick-up on Thursdays, 3:00-6:00
- Same prices for shares:
- Medium share (5 items/week) ~ $495
- Large share (8 items/week) ~ $792
- X-Large share (12 items/week) ~ $1188
- Custom share size (you choose the number of items) ~ price varies
- “A la carte” flexible CSA ~ you deposit a sum of money ($300 minimum) to create a balance and then work off that balance throughout the season, allowing households that need more flexibility to still participate in our CSA program without committing to a set amount of produce every single week (please note: no balance can be carried past end of 2020)
We will have a clipboard out at pick-up this week for easy-peasy CSA sign-ups! As always, there’s no need to pay anything now; we just know that it’s easier for people to commit now and not worry about their CSA over the next few months. We’ll contact you again when it’s time to pay and begin picking up!
We also still have two Holiday Harvests coming! More information about our Thanksgiving Holiday Harvest in next week’s newsletter!
Enjoy this week’s vegetables!
Your farmers, Katie & Casey Kulla
~ ~ ~
Meet this week’s vegetables:
- Chicory salad mix
- Brussels sprouts
- Golden chard
- Winter squashes — lots of kinds!