Happy December, everyone! We hope everyone is enjoying preparing for the upcoming holiday gatherings and celebrations. As part of our seasonal work, we’ll be hosting our usual Winter Holiday Harvest next week. This is an opportunity for you to order for your holiday meals or just simply to stock your pantry for the coming weeks, and anyone can place an order (not just CSA members)! Here’s how it works:
You read the list below and decide what you want and how much. Then send us an email with your completed list to farm(at)oakhillorganics(dot)com by the end of Monday. Please provide your name and cell phone number with your order in case we have questions!
We’ll harvest your order and bring it to our downtown Mac farm storefront for you to pick up (and pay for) on Thursday, December 20, 4-6 pm. Our storefront is located off of the 2nd St parking lot between Evans and Davis Streets.
Now that you know what to do, here’s the list with unit size and price:
- Goldrush apples ~ Yellow with strong flavor, suitable for cooking or eating ~ $3/lb
- Melrose apples ~ Red and good eating or pie apple ~ $3/lb
- Cortland apples ~ Red apple with crisp white flesh ~ $3/lb
- Seasonal salad mix ~ $4 for a 1/2 lb bag
- Arugula ~ $4 for a 1/2 lb bag
- Braising mix ~ A mix of different cooking greens ~ $3 for a 1/2 lb bag
- Brussels sprouts ~ $5/lb
- Chard ~ $3/bunch
- Cabbage ~ $2/lb (order by the each)
- Masquerade potatoes ~ Purple/yellow skin with yellow flesh ~ $3/lb
- Harvest moon potatoes ~ Purple skin with yellow flesh ~ $3/lb
- Beets ~ $3/lb
- Carrots ~ $3/lb
- Spaghetti squash ~ $2/lb (order by the each)
- Pie pumpkins ~ $2/lb (order by the each)
- Delicata winter squash ~ $2/lb (order by the each)
- Butternut squash ~ $2/lb (order by the each)
- Marina di Chioggia squash ~ $1/lb (order by the each; these are big!)
If you have any questions, you can call me: 503-474-7661. Looking forward to seeing and feeding some of you next week!